TriFit Triathlon Training with Northern PTName: TriFit Triathlon Training with Northern PTDate: May 22, 2017Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDTWebsite: http://www.northernpts.com/classesEvent Description:
Want to compete in a triathlon but don’t know where to start? TriFit is the program you need to complete the race successfully.
– Training starts May 22 and meets every 2 weeks
– Training prepares you for the Allendale Countryside Triathlon on 9/16/17
– $169, sign up with a friend and save $20 each, race registration not included
– Training locations will vary
What to expect
We’ll prepare you to swim 500m, bike 17 miles, and run 3.1 miles with:
– Weekly training plans
– Race day preparation
– Cross training, strengthening and core
– Fueling and recovery
– Pacing, transitioning, and tapering
– Support and access to experts
– Gina Otterbein: Physical Therapist, Boston Marathon finisher, finished top in her age group at multiple triathlons
– Kelsey Wilterink: Swim coach and trainer, prior collegiate All-American swimmer, and active racer
– Diana Painter: Physical Therapist and sports rehabilitation expert, past collegiate runner, and active racer
Experience is not required but participants should be able to swim 5 minutes in open water, run 15-20 minutes continuously, and bike 30 minutes continuously.
Northern PT TriFit Schedule and Tri Topics
Monday, May 22 – 6pm @ Northview Community Fitness Center
– What am I in for? TriFit training overview
– Your TriFit training plan
– Why strength and stretch?
Tuesday May 30 – 6am @ Northview Community Fitness Center
– Let’s lose our fear of the water! Triathlon swimming introduction
– Swim observation, tips , demonstrations
– Let’s make a splash! Swim workout
Monday June 12 – 6pm, location TBD
– What kind of ride am I in for? Bike equipment & education
– Hit the road! Bike workout
– Did you register for the Allendale Countryside Sprint Triathlon?
Monday June 26 – 6pm, location TBD
– What is a brick workout?
– Transition 2… bike to run
– TriFit Q&A…ask away!
Monday July – 6pm (Could change to morning), location TBD
– Can’t we swim in the pool until race day? Differences open vs pool swim
– Transition 1…swim to bike
– Ready or not let’s open water swim
Saturday July 22 – 6:30am, location TBD
– Practice make permanent
– Transitions: why important and why practice?”
– Let’s Tri it out: “mini triathlon”
Monday August 7 – 6pm, location TBD
– The 4th discipline of Triathlon: Nutrition & Fueling
– TriFit Q&A…ask away!
– Run workout
Monday August 21 – 6pm, location TBD
– What is tapering and why do we do it?
– Brick workout (bike & run)
Tuesday September 5 – 6pm, location TBD
– Ready, set…Race day prep
– Dress (& equipment) rehearsal, repeat
– TriFit Q&A…ask away
Dates and locations subject to change but we will make every effort to follow this schedule. Please note that triathlon race registration and equipment are not included in cost of the TriFit program.
Registration & Additional Details
Click the link or email Julie. Capacity is limited, early registration is encouraged.